couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Git Repository Creation
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 01:10:49 GMT
I've spent most of the day initializing all of our new repositories
with the source code for each Erlang application. I've taken special
care to make sure that we're retaining as much history as possible.
I'm pretty sure that most apps are correct but we'll want to do some
auditing in the future before we flip the switch in the future.

The code versions are generally speaking either what's on master or on
the 1843-feature-bigcouch branch. A few of them I pulled out of the
1994-merge-rcouch branch or from their respective external
repositories in the case of ibrowse, mochiweb, and jiffy.

Its important to note that all code was imported using a branch named
"import" so that we can spend time reviewing code and possibly
rewriting history before we commit to what the initial value for each
repo should be. If you clone any of these repos git will be a bit
confused until you switch to that branch.

The couchdb-couch repo is actually a combination of what's on
1843-feature-bigcouch but is rebased against the current master so it
should be all the things from both of those. I haven't investigated
how much 1994-merge-rcouch has changed actual underlying code as
opposed to just moved source code around so we'll have to coordinate
there.

We'll get the 1843-feature-bigcouch branch updated in the near future
to start pulling each of these repositories directly so that people
can see how that works in practice.

Also of note there are currently three repos that are still empty. The
couchdb-couch-collate.git, couchdb-fauxton.git, and
couchdb-documentation.git are all uninitialized. For fauxton and
documentation I want to hear from people that are more involved with
what they'd want in there. I'm not familiar enough to be confident
that I've not screwed anything up for either of those. I didn't need
couch-collate but I'll get to that soonish.

The other thing to point out is that Adam created a ticket in the
middle of the email storm that people may want to chime in on to
discuss the new commit email subject lines: