couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why couch_index is in its own folder
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 19:45:53 GMT
Originally I intended for other indexers to be callback behaviors
loaded into couch_index. Since writing that code though I've come to
the conclusion that its not the best approach. If you want to collapse
it somewhere I'd collapse it back into couch_mrview and undo some of
the abstractions.

As to collapsing it into the main couch application that makes no
sense seeing as the entire point of pulling it out was to remove the
dependency of the main couch application on indexers.