couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git Repository Creation
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:44:53 GMT
On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 4:36 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul!
>
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 5:10 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also of note there are currently three repos that are still empty. The
>> couchdb-couch-collate.git, couchdb-fauxton.git, and
>> couchdb-documentation.git are all uninitialized. For fauxton and
>> documentation I want to hear from people that are more involved with
>> what they'd want in there. I'm not familiar enough to be confident
>> that I've not screwed anything up for either of those. I didn't need
>> couch-collate but I'll get to that soonish.
>
> As for couchdb-documentation.git we need share/doc and
> build-aux/sphinx-* from couchdb.git. Does docs comes from bigcouch and
> rcouch merge? I have some feeling that docs merge will be pretty
> simple: just take CouchDB docs and add/remove things that comes with
> merge.
>
> P.S. May I ask you about some new repos:
> - couchdb-query-server-sm for spidermonkey javascript query server
> - couchdb-query-server-nodejs for new optional nodejs query server
> - couchdb-futon for our good old Futon which is going to be replaced by Fauxton
> - couchdb-jquery-couch for jquery couchdb client - see
>
> --
> ,,,^..^,,,

I'm not sure I know what the final repo structure would look like for
docs given that description. I can give it a whirl easily enough but
it might be a bit easier if someone can be a bit more specific on what
paths would look like in the final repo. Its important to remember
that the synthetic repo will either place docs alongside the other
Erlang applications (or we'll have to write custom scripts for
fetching these during the bootstrap phase which isn't insane).

The repos for the query servers are easy enough and I think relatively
uncontroversial. The repos for futon and jquery.couch.js are less
clear. I'd prefer to avoid having infra create repos we don't intend
to use beyond fancy archives.