couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject third-party products and git submodules
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 08:39:35 GMT
Hi all,

I was reading the "Third-Party Licensing Policy" document [1] from the
Apache foundation, and it's not totally clear if I can or can't link a
third-party product as a git submodules.

My goal was to add spidermonkey (MPL1.1) and ICU (MIT llike) as submodules
to the rcouch branch to allow static binding of them in a couchdb release.
On release the modules could be fetched and shipped with the archive. Some
major products are doing such things around (v8 for ex with ICU). I am not
sure it's possible with spidermonkey.

submodules are a possibility. I was previously fetching these third-party
products during the build. Maybe it can be done differently.

Any idea is welcome,

- benoit

[1]http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html