couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: we need more reviews
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:11:11 GMT
On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:

> awesome to start this discussion. It was just some hours ago, that Hank
> Knight exactly asked these questions. I am +1 on defining guidelines to
> describe the process. It would not be the biggest problem to install gerrit
> (https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/) as a review system somewhere but I
> would like to ask if it is also ok to use the PR queue like Dale wrote
> above. I think the process is well known and learned. The only big
> difference is that it is still possible to push to master without review
> and PR's. But I don't see a problem to establish a review process with PR's
> when we define easy guidelines.

I looked recently at Gerrit for the refuge project and really liked what I
see, with the github bridge it would offer a cool solution. Also gerrit is
already in use in some apache projects I think.

> A word to git commit messages. If you want to read really informative
> commit messages as an example, juts look at the PostgreSQL project.
> Especially Tom Lane is writing awesome messages. So I am +100 to
> informative and meaningful commit messages.

Do you have some example that you could link? I wonder if for the guideline
we couldn't collect some examples from different projects.

- benoit