couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Summary of IRC Meeting in #couchdb-meeting
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 01:56:42 GMT
On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:50 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl>
> wrote:
> COUCHDB-1986 issue
> >
> > Any progress so far?
>
> I'm very sure that this is something related to Erlang itself since
> I'd failed to reproduce this issue on FreeBSD 9.1 (spidermonkey 1.7.0,
> erlang 15B02, vbox guest) for long series of test runs, while it
> always raises on FreeBSD 10 with Erlang R16B02 which Dave gave me for
> testing. I also tried to run this test within same environment for
> older releases in attempts to locate broken commit, but our 1.5 and
> 1.4 releases are also affected to the same issue. Again, everything is
> fine on host with R15.

Well see my comments and the one from dch. It may be another cause than
Erlang. It's most probably something deep in the couch_replicator code.
Latest changes init make the problem disappear on my machine while Andy was
still able to reproduce it. So in something is preventing the replicator to
timeout correctly.