couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: improve the bigcouch and rcouch merges
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:19:13 GMT
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Russell Branca <chewbranca@apache.org>wrote:

> As Paul mentioned, I've got a number of ideas for ripping out auth into an
> isolated application that handles #user_ctx, roles, and user CRUD, which I
> want to dive into more after the merges.

Can you share them on a  separate thread? I don't think we should wait the
end of the merge to start the work on it. Especially since the couch core
between each merge could be probably merged right now. At least settle on a
plan. I myself started a work on that topic recently and rather than doing
this work apart I would prefer to do it for the Apache CouchDB project.

- benoit