couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Multiple Repositories for Erlang Apps and Dependencies
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 04:47:53 GMT
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:22 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:

> I would also point out that even though our main repo would need to
> fetch other dependencies from the internet to build the final output,
> we fully intend that our release tarballs would *not* have this
> requirement. Ie, when we go to cut a release part of the process the
> RM would run would be to pull all of those dependencies before
> creating a tarball that would be wholly self contained. Given an
> apache-couchdb-x.y.z.tar.gz release file, there won't be a requirement
> to have access to the ASF git repos.

Just to be clear, the idea would be creating only  a release tarrball from
all the git repositories or do you also think to create a full repository
from all the dependencies? Something done by Cloudi for example which build
the main repository [1] from the other repositories [2]. rcouch is only
creating a tarball containing all erlang deps [3] .

Also what about the npm modules that are fetched for futon and
couchjs-node? Do you think we need to import them as well? At least maybe
should we provide a mirror?

- benoit

[1] https://github.com/CloudI/CloudI
[2] https://github.com/Cloudi and