couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject rcouch merge - new intermediate status
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 05:12:36 GMT
Just a quick status about the work has been done since the last status. I
had to pause the merge during the last 2 days, but it should be finished
tomorrow now.

Since the last status I made the following changes:

-  After toying with the sources and looked/discussed around, I put back
everything  in src/ to the source root. Mainly to ease the integration with
other applications and follow the general pattern in the Erlang world.
- couch_httpd is a full Erlang application. In the process I fixed its
supervision to make it upgradable. Also a change in the config don't crash
anything but just relaunch smoothly the accepting processes
- JS tests are more debuggable from the console. I did that so I can test
the couch_httpd change easily.
- Improved the test suite in view of using more standalone applications
late.
- fixed a couple of things around

Currently missing from rcouch are:

- the view changes
- couch_index as a standalone application
- validate_doc_read

>From couchdb we also miss the `make distcheck` . My idea about that would
be automatize it a little more ala openbsd:

1. On release have a `make plist` creating a PLIST file containing all the
sources files with their hash signature (SHA256) that need to be shipped.
This PLIST can be fixed manually.
2. make distcheck that check each files and its signatures from the
generated PLIST.

But it can be probably put for later, depending on the result of the
"Multiple Repositories for Erlang Apps and Dependencies" discussion.

I think it would be good at some point to see how we can start the
integration with bigcouch Having 2 merges running separately is quite
unproductive. If we can do that over the ml that would be perfect.

Also having more tests from others in the team would be really helpful.
Waiting that having rcouch `make test` in the CI would allows me to figure
what is not working on the platforms I don't test regularly.

- benoit