couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git Repository Creation
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 08:32:40 GMT
On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 2:10 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>wrote:

> I've spent most of the day initializing all of our new repositories
> with the source code for each Erlang application. I've taken special
> care to make sure that we're retaining as much history as possible.
> I'm pretty sure that most apps are correct but we'll want to do some
> auditing in the future before we flip the switch in the future.
>
> The code versions are generally speaking either what's on master or on
> the 1843-feature-bigcouch branch. A few of them I pulled out of the
> 1994-merge-rcouch branch or from their respective external
> repositories in the case of ibrowse, mochiweb, and jiffy.
>
> Its important to note that all code was imported using a branch named
> "import" so that we can spend time reviewing code and possibly
> rewriting history before we commit to what the initial value for each
> repo should be. If you clone any of these repos git will be a bit
> confused until you switch to that branch.
>
> The couchdb-couch repo is actually a combination of what's on
> 1843-feature-bigcouch but is rebased against the current master so it
> should be all the things from both of those. I haven't investigated
> how much 1994-merge-rcouch has changed actual underlying code as
> opposed to just moved source code around so we'll have to coordinate
> there.
>
> We'll get the 1843-feature-bigcouch branch updated in the near future
> to start pulling each of these repositories directly so that people
> can see how that works in practice.
>
> Also of note there are currently three repos that are still empty. The
> couchdb-couch-collate.git, couchdb-fauxton.git, and
> couchdb-documentation.git are all uninitialized. For fauxton and
> documentation I want to hear from people that are more involved with
> what they'd want in there. I'm not familiar enough to be confident
> that I've not screwed anything up for either of those. I didn't need
> couch-collate but I'll get to that soonish.
>
> The other thing to point out is that Adam created a ticket in the
> middle of the email storm that people may want to chime in on to
> discuss the new commit email subject lines:

Hi Paul,

I took the time time to look at the created repostories and wanted to put
some work from the rcouch branch merge branch but not sure how to do it
right now.

For example the couch, couch_replicator branches are conflicting right now.
The couch_mview will conflict soon. Little detail but imo rather than
imported the specific bigcouch branch should have been named
"bigcouch-import". Anyway that's a detail. Anyway I am thinking to create
an rcouch-import branch . Is this what you were thinking about?

About the mochiweb, ibrowse and other dependencies branches, maybe we could
update them with the currrenr upstream and merge  really little changes we
still have in our repo. While we are here submit these little changes to
upstream as patches. It would be extremely useful in the case of mochiweb
so we can add easily the websocket support to _changes. For ibrowse most
have alreadybeen merged upstream, except this latest socks5 patch.
erlangoauth from upstream has also some  changes to support latest Erlang
that we probably need.

Let me know,

- benoit