couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git Repository Creation
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 13:10:00 GMT
On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:

> The issues wrt to scheduler collapse are well known, and the concern
> around stability under heavy load with NIFs is still valid. R16B02+
> have not been out so long that anybody has made pronouncements about
> considering it solved, unless I missed something.

A lot of improvements and fixes have been made in the scheduler, do you
have any link to what you refer in mind? Nifs just appeared in R14.

About r16b02, well I was not thinking to this version per see. The fact is
that r14 isn't supported any more and R17 will introduce breaking changes
(actually deprecations in latest R16) so it may be harder to maintain a
workingf version on couch on every release. Also apart nifs there have been
other improvements in Erlang.

- benoit