couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release planning
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 18:24:52 GMT
On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 4:24 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> -1 on COUCHDB-1988 & 89. Neither of them are critical and require fiddling with autotools
which are notorious to get wrong. As noted on the commit thread, 1989 currently fails make
distcheck. And 1988 has no patch. Let’s not do these just before a release, but just after
one, so we have some more time to catch problems.

I'd like to suggest take at least Posix tar fix from 1989 branch:
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/commit/12c9ee07

There was questions about this bug on #couchdb from users that built
packages for, iirc, RHEL, or something. For those case they had fixed
it by local patch, but I feel better have such in upstream. I could
recover related discussion logs if needed.

--