couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Committer questions
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2014 08:33:12 GMT
Thanks Dirkjan. To clarify the --no-ff merge option: my understanding is
that if this is specified, then git always performs an extra merge commit
that makes it clear that a branch has been merged. This applies regardless
of rebasing the branch on to master. The diagram here
<http://ariya.ofilabs.com/2013/09/fast-forward-git-merge.html>shows what
goes on with and without it. I don't have any view either way myself on
whether to use it, but it's the sort of thing that seems to provoke
religious wars so I thought it best to ask.

Nick