couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Top posting in threads on the list's
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:33:06 GMT
On 23 January 2014 08:16, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > +1. Top posting is the worst.
>
> In case you're being sarcastic (which seems likely), perhaps that is
> not the most productive response to a fairly low-key, open email. If
> you disagree, you could just say so and maybe explain why you think
> top-posting is as good or better...

To my mind it's no harder to read top down than bottom up in principle, but
mixing the two in one thread is very difficult. I'm not sure how best to
manage this, as I suspect we have a mixture of email clients that push you
quite hard in one direction or the other. I'll make a conscious effort in
future to try not to disrupt the existing flow of a thread, but can't
guarantee always to defeat the intentions of the software.

Nick