couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Branca <chewbra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git Repository Creation
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 21:46:28 GMT
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > The repos for futon and jquery.couch.js are less
> > clear. I'd prefer to avoid having infra create repos we don't intend
> > to use beyond fancy archives.
>
> While I couldn't say for sure for Futon, jquery.couch.js is pretty
> popular client which people uses, wanted to contribute to and I think
> it shouldn't become abandoned deep within some archive repo. At some
> point we're all agreed on the fact that's better to move it to
> separate repo, no matter will this repo be under CouchDB flag or not -
> but I think first one is better.
>
> --

Is anyone maintaining jquery.couch.js? There were some decent patches that
slipped by due to lack of a maintainer (for instance the updates to use
jquery promises). I don't think we should create a repo for jquery.couch.js
unless we have someone who is planning on maintaining it long term.

As for Futon, I think it's less relevant to move it to a separate repo
because a) it's being replaced and b) there is minimal development
happening there.

-Russell