couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next release planning
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:24:15 GMT

On 05 Jan 2014, at 10:56 , Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to include in this release the following tickets if it's not
>> too late:
>>
>> COUCHDB-1960
>> COUCHDB-1988
>> COUCHDB-1989
>
> I have no objection, but I'd prefer not to hold off the release for
> it. That said, I probably won't have time to cut the artefact today,
> so you can land them.

+0 on COUCHDB-1960 (mini-review on the ticket)

-1 on COUCHDB-1988 & 89. Neither of them are critical and require fiddling with autotools
which are notorious to get wrong. As noted on the commit thread, 1989 currently fails make
distcheck. And 1988 has no patch. Let’s not do these just before a release, but just after
one, so we have some more time to catch problems.

In general I’d say master is ready for branching & release and Dirkjan should just cut
and go as soon as he finds time. Everything else can go into 1.6.1 four weeks from now.

Best
Jan