couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuous integration and branch
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 17:34:29 GMT

On 05 Jan 2014, at 13:02 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 05 Jan 2014, at 10:49 , Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have some questions about our continuous integration proces. Some
>> questions may have been already answered around but I didn't find the info
>> unfortunately:
>
> All available info is here: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CI
>

>> 1. Do we have actually a way to add a branch to the continuous integration
>> workflow?
>
> Yes, just tell me and I set up tracking of the branch.

Additionally: In the future, all branches will be picked up automatically and tested either
standalone or as a merge into master (or other release branches, or both).

>> How do we test that a change is actually working on different
>> platforms ?
>
> I can run any branch on all the available platforms (Ubuntu 12.04/12.10 in 32 and 64,
Mac OS X 10.7/8/9) or any subset you prefer (with different Erlang versions on the Mac builders)

>> 2. Do we have a page that summarize where to find the info on our
>> continuous integration ? Shouldn't it be on the wiki. I'm interested in the
>> following:
>
> See above.
>

>> - where to find  the latest build report.0
>
> http://ci.couchdb.org:8888 You will have to sign up and tell me you have and your username,
so I can enable you to see all info. This is currently done so because there is some sensitive
data in the job configs and I haven’t gotten around fixing that, so full accounts go out
on a per-request basis.

>> - Jenkins configuration so someone can run it on its own setup
>
> Once you have an account, you can copy any build jobs you want. I’d just ask to avoid
copying the sensitive stuff.

>> - How do we add a node to the config
>
> Set one up and tell me :)
>

> * * *
>
> There are some major changes coming to all this, which means I am hesitant to document
the current state. Rest assured the next iteration will be better documented.