couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Continuous integration and branch
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 12:02:26 GMT

All available info is here: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CI

> 1. Do we have actually a way to add a branch to the continuous integration
> workflow?

Yes, just tell me and I set up tracking of the branch.

> How do we test that a change is actually working on different
> platforms ?

I can run any branch on all the available platforms (Ubuntu 12.04/12.10 in 32 and 64, Mac
OS X 10.7/8/9) or any subset you prefer (with different Erlang versions on the Mac builders)

> 2. Do we have a page that summarize where to find the info on our
> continuous integration ? Shouldn't it be on the wiki. I'm interested in the
> following:

See above.

> - where to find  the latest build report.0

http://ci.couchdb.org:8888 You will have to sign up and tell me you have and your username,
so I can enable you to see all info. This is currently done so because there is some sensitive
data in the job configs and I haven’t gotten around fixing that, so full accounts go out
on a per-request basis.

> - Jenkins configuration so someone can run it on its own setup

Once you have an account, you can copy any build jobs you want. I’d just ask to avoid copying
the sensitive stuff.

> - How do we add a node to the config

Set one up and tell me :)

* * *

There are some major changes coming to all this, which means I am hesitant to document the
current state. Rest assured the next iteration will be better documented.

Best
Jan