couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <>
Subject Re: fauxton: why backbone?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:58:43 GMT

On Wednesday, 29 January 2014 at 15:52, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> I see that couchdb is using backbone and I am curious of the reason for it
> over angular for example? Just curious about it since I need to make a
> choice for some code I want to build.

The choice was made for a few reasons:
 * more established
 * larger community
 * great docs
 * experience with the tool for the folk doing the work

These things were all true at the time we started, not sure if we’d do things different
today - Sue/Garren/Russell should comment further - but I think it has resulted in a maintainable
code base that we can build on quickly despite it being fairly large/complex.

View raw message