couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: third-party products and git submodules
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:21:20 GMT

I think the source code has to be present in our repository directly (and then only if the
licenses are compatible, which seems to be the case for the two you mention). Given that git
submodules are pretty nasty to work with and the subtree merge that is the recommended alternative
will include the code directly, the path forward seems clear.

For example, I imported rebar into the bigcouch merge branch using 'git read-tree --prefix=src/rebar/
-u rebar' where the 'rebar' branch was a verbatim upstream rebar branch.

B.