couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From calvinmetcalf <...@git.apache.org>
Subject couchdb pull request: pass emit as an argument
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2014 23:10:31 GMT
GitHub user calvinmetcalf opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/127

    pass emit as an argument

    allow the map function to be passed a second argument, the emit function.  Benefits as
I see them

    - 100% backwards compatible, emit is still in the execution closure.
    - makes it possible to run views in pure JavaScript without having to use eval (e.g. in
pouchdb)
    - allows emit to be renamed in the case of some sort of collision, the circumstances of
which I can't imagine.

    I can write tests if this is something worth pursuing, though at the moment I'm having
troubling fathoming the ruby wrapped JavaScript testing format.

    Thanks.

    $ git pull https://github.com/calvinmetcalf/couchdb pass-arguments

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/127.patch

----
commit 161c2724b18d042c41ab9a5921209615ed7a4c96
Author: Calvin Metcalf <calvin.metcalf@state.ma.us>
Date:   2014-01-07T00:48:03Z

    pass emit as an argument

----