couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Samuel Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git Repository Creation
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 14:25:09 GMT
Definitely need to preserve R14 compatibility, that’s still the most stable recent series
(as long as you don’t use R14B02)…

On 21 Jan 2014, at 14:12, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2014, at 9:00 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:
>
>>> On 21. Jänner 2014 at 10:20:58, Paul Davis (paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com) wrote:
>>> As to bigcouch/rcouch conflicts its something we'll need to
>>> figure out
>>> for sure. I don't really see much point in trying to create
>>> bigcouch/rcouch specific branches for the initial import though.
>>> I did
>>> include bigcouch merge related patches on both of couch and
>>> couch_replicator cause I was worried about the history extraction.
>>>
>>> The "proper" approach I think is to go back and reset each repo
>>> to the
>>> equivalent commit pointed at by the merge-rebase-target tag
>>> and then
>>> we should create branches 1843-feature-bigcouch and 1994-merge-rcouch
>>> branches in each repo where we have conflicts. Once that's done
>>> we can
>>> focus on the actual conflicts to see where we need to work on merging
>>> actual code changes. The important part here is to have a common
>>> history for each sub-repo we agree on that is the initial import
>>> and
>>> then we can focus on the merge work at hand.
>>>
>>> For the upstream repos I need to add some more work to those to
>>> reflect changes that we've made since march of this year when
>>> we
>>> started the bigcouch merge. I definitely agree that we should
>>> be
>>> pushing our changes upstream so that these are as close to raw
>>> mirrors
>>> as possible. The ibrowse and mochiweb branches were direct from
>>> upstream repos and I think I pulled oauth from the rcouch repo.
>>> The
>>> mochiweb commit was super old but ibrowse was relatively close.
>>> I know
>>> we've changed things here recently and we'll want to get as much
>>> of
>>> that upstream as possible.
>>>
>>> I'm going to be digging back into this work at the end of the week
>>> or
>>> early next week. Let me know if you find anything else that needs
>>> be addressed.
>>>

>> WRT to Mochiweb, moving to a later upstream requires us to drop < R15B compatibility
I think. rcouch is ok with current Erlang, what is your opinion wrt to bigcouch?

>> --
>> Dave Cottlehuber
>> Sent from my PDP11
>
> We've not run in production using the current Erlang.  I think jiffy needs a small update
to make sure it yields properly to avoid the issues with the scheduler collapse issues that
have plagued R15 and R16.