couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next release planning
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 16:48:30 GMT

On 10 Dec 2013, at 17:31 , Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2013, at 13:54 , Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Unfortunately I was not able to find the conversation we had. But I do
>>> remember that there has been the question, why we cannot have both URL's to
>>> access Fauxton:
>>>
>>> /_utils/fauxton
>>> /_utils/fauxton/
>>>
>>> And I do remember, that there has been the info, that we can only use the
>>> second version - what is indeed annoying. If there are no problems with
>>> both (what I assume is what you are both saying), then we should create a
>>> Jira ticket and fix it. Or we wait till fauxton will become /_utils/ :)
>>
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see that CouchDB handles both /_utils
>> and /_utils/ only because of special case in http handler:
>> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/master/src/couchdb/couch_httpd_misc_handlers.erl#L66
>> While this issue isn't annoying, I think the better fix is to get
>> ready Fauxton and replace Futon with it instead of having yet another
>> redirect case in handler's code (:
>
> I assume that at least for the next release Fauxton will not be ready and we haven’t
yet resolved how to actually do the transition (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1954)
I strongly suggest we do in fact add another special clause to that function to support both
/_utils/fauxton/ and /_utils/fauxton

A commit for your review: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=couchdb.git;a=blobdiff;f=src/couchdb/couch_httpd_misc_handlers.erl;h=cd7b4287c3a1ea598362570dad50d2ba7447dbc4;hp=96a05c6d63beee32151cc1de47666cb2500958fe;hb=de20e995;hpb=0f3735887b80d6e057abade2703c99f81cd92ca5

Best
Jan