couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] new underscore namespacing
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 12:54:58 GMT
Ah. We disagree on this one. Removing couch.jquery.js seems minor
enough that we'd hold off. But changing the way document meta data
works is a prime candidate for bumping our major point version.

Semver is meant to encourage and enable these sorts of changes, and we
should take full advantage of it.

If we agree on a change here, and it is ready to ship, we should ship
it. End of story. :) And yep, that will mean bumping to 2.0, and
that's fine. And we'll keep the 1.0 line around for 12 months and
backport things to it. (I believe that's the policy.)

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater