couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: launchpad / couchdb updates
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 09:29:18 GMT
Hi all,

Thanks Jason for your advice (and also the work on trusty).

Idea is to have two builds available:

- daily off master
- stable with current official releases.

The packaging branch contains just the /debian/ packaging files, as this
makes subsequent merging of git or tar.gz in another branch or repo very
straightforward. I've struggled to follow the changes in the debian
packages because of this - can't tell what's couchdb, debian, or ubuntu all
rolled into one.

I think atm we can use branches and tags if required in the packaging
branch for each release, and today I'm trying to see how much smarts can go
into /debian/rules -- afaict its really just a shell script, so we should
be able to handle both stable and daily within this.

Also, http://felipec.wordpress.com/2012/11/13/git-remote-hg-bzr-2/ made my
life much simpler - git locally, talks to bzr on launchpad.

Octavian maybe we can work on this more at couch hack :-)