couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tool for management of couchdb design docs/code
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 08:43:50 GMT
On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Vivek Pathak <vpathak@orgmeta.com> wrote:

> I agree that  might be an argument to motivate Erica feature
> prioritizarion but I can not see why one shouldn't have a tool that permits
> couch db views to take advantage of professional programming tools like
> debuggers profilers and unit tests

Erica can also provides that ;) But I am all for the diversity, and the
more tools we can have the more we will be able to see innovation coming.
There are so much things that could be done today and that are missing in
all the tools around....

> In any case, IMHO Erlang is stronger for concurrent programming which view
> template creatio and management hardly is

I do think that the OTP framework can be useful for all of these domains
and can offer new possibilities that you don't have in other languages.
Anyway I take erica and couchapp as just the beginning.
Managements/deployment of couchapps should be distributed and I expect to
show the real power of the OTP framework really soon.

- benoit