couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Nolan <peterwno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] couchapp.org down, couchapp.org spammed
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 19:56:00 GMT
Heya,

the purpose of 'what a couchapp is' in my previous email was intended to
clarify what a couchapp is.  In the past, there has been many discussions
on what exactly constitutes a 'couchapp', and i just wanted to express my
view what a 'couchapp' is.  And more importantly, to emphasize the
independence of couchapps.  Too often, i see amazing things that are
'couchappy' that, in order to add more features to their 'couchapp',
requires too many things (Node.JS and such) or neglect major operating
systems (windows in particular).  Just wanted to say my peace on the
subject. *steps off soapbox*

Before talking about what should be on the couchapp website, the first
question i'd like to ask is, is the term 'couchapp' copyrighted in anyway?
Trademarked?  I just wanna make sure that no person/entity can claim
ownership of the term in the future.

-Pete

--
Peter Nolan