couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] tag our commits
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 16:42:19 GMT
While I'm whining about tags:

Tagging is most useful by having multiple tags per target. My blog post can
be tagged [vacation] [swaziland] [photos] [family], and then later I can

Git messages are forced to one tag. That's unhelpful because commits
ideally update code, tests, and documentation. A useful tag might be [ui]
but I could get the same thing by looking at the history of src/fauxton/.

It is marginally useful at a very dear cost: 4-10 characters per commit
message.