couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] replication@couchdb.apache.org list
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:22:09 GMT
That sounds like a great idea: +1

On 18 Dec 2013, at 22:11 , Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com> wrote:

> There's an increasing amount of replication interest and conversation--which is fabulous!
:D

> I'd like to propose that a dedicated list for discussing replicating with Apache CouchDB
be setup to provide a space just for that.

> PouchDB, Couchbase Lite (TouchDB), Cloudant, couchup, etc. could all explore their implementations
of CouchDB-style replication. The specification could be pushed further in this space--with
implementation details staying in dev@couchdb.apache.org (or the other DB's own lists). Documentation/announcements
around "A replicates with B" could also get demo'd, explored, and expanded on this list.

> In the end, I'd like all of these databases/endpoints make progress *together*. The conversations
are mostly happening in Apache CouchDB user@ and/or dev@ and encouraging the use of replication@
should focus attention on it as a topic and give everyone a known place to explore the protocol,
show off their implementations, and test it against the various other endpoints.