couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] replication@couchdb.apache.org list
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:18:08 GMT

On 19 Dec 2013, at 21:02 , Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com> wrote:

> Anything else need to be done to make this a reality? :)

Let’s hear a few more voices first :)

> Should I file a Jira ticket?
>
> On 12/18/13, 4:22 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>> That sounds like a great idea: +1
>>
>> On 18 Dec 2013, at 22:11 , Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There's an increasing amount of replication interest and conversation--which
is fabulous! :D

>>> I'd like to propose that a dedicated list for discussing replicating with Apache
CouchDB be setup to provide a space just for that.

>>> PouchDB, Couchbase Lite (TouchDB), Cloudant, couchup, etc. could all explore
their implementations of CouchDB-style replication. The specification could be pushed further
in this space--with implementation details staying in dev@couchdb.apache.org (or the other
DB's own lists). Documentation/announcements around "A replicates with B" could also get demo'd,
explored, and expanded on this list.

>>> In the end, I'd like all of these databases/endpoints make progress *together*.
The conversations are mostly happening in Apache CouchDB user@ and/or dev@ and encouraging
the use of replication@ should focus attention on it as a topic and give everyone a known
place to explore the protocol, show off their implementations, and test it against the various
other endpoints.