couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] replication@couchdb.apache.org list
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:02:57 GMT
Anything else need to be done to make this a reality? :)

Should I file a Jira ticket?

On 12/18/13, 4:22 PM, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> That sounds like a great idea: +1
>
> On 18 Dec 2013, at 22:11 , Benjamin Young <byoung@bigbluehat.com> wrote:
>
>> There's an increasing amount of replication interest and conversation--which is fabulous!
:D

>> I'd like to propose that a dedicated list for discussing replicating with Apache
CouchDB be setup to provide a space just for that.

>> PouchDB, Couchbase Lite (TouchDB), Cloudant, couchup, etc. could all explore their
implementations of CouchDB-style replication. The specification could be pushed further in
this space--with implementation details staying in dev@couchdb.apache.org (or the other DB's
own lists). Documentation/announcements around "A replicates with B" could also get demo'd,
explored, and expanded on this list.

>> In the end, I'd like all of these databases/endpoints make progress *together*. The
conversations are mostly happening in Apache CouchDB user@ and/or dev@ and encouraging the
use of replication@ should focus attention on it as a topic and give everyone a known place
to explore the protocol, show off their implementations, and test it against the various other
endpoints.