couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Re: tool for management of couchdb design docs/code
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:06:52 GMT

wrote:

>> IMHO python is not the best idea. It would be better to extend erica
>> since it uses erlang.
>>
>> Benjamin Young wrote:
>>> Hey Vivek,
>>>
>>> Thanks for open sourcing your code! I'd love to see if we can
>>> collaborate. Benoit passed the baton for `couchapp` on to me
> Ben & Vivek,
>
> this sounds great & I look forwards to many more improvements along the way.
> Vivek I especially like the multi-ddoc support that you seem to have, that’s
> always been something that erica could do with.
>
> Florian - if you’re interested in working on extending erica that would be
> great too!
>
> A+
> Dave

Thanks, Dave. :)

In the end, I'd like all the CouchApp tools to support some common
ground--so it can be clearer how to build (and ideally share!) one's
CouchApp.

The least common denominator so far is the Filesystem Mapping:
https://github.com/couchapp/couchapp/wiki/Complete-Filesystem-to-Design-Doc-Mapping-Example

I'm eager to get multi-design doc stuff added to the couchapp tool, but
more than that, I'm eager to see it written up in a sharable format we
can *all* implement. :)

Thanks!
Benjamin