couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject [Proposal] replication@couchdb.apache.org list
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:11:35 GMT
There's an increasing amount of replication interest and
conversation--which is fabulous! :D

I'd like to propose that a dedicated list for discussing replicating
with Apache CouchDB be setup to provide a space just for that.

PouchDB, Couchbase Lite (TouchDB), Cloudant, couchup, etc. could all
explore their implementations of CouchDB-style replication. The
specification could be pushed further in this space--with implementation
details staying in dev@couchdb.apache.org (or the other DB's own lists).
Documentation/announcements around "A replicates with B" could also get
demo'd, explored, and expanded on this list.

In the end, I'd like all of these databases/endpoints make progress
*together*. The conversations are mostly happening in Apache CouchDB
user@ and/or dev@ and encouraging the use of replication@ should focus
attention on it as a topic and give everyone a known place to explore
the protocol, show off their implementations, and test it against the
various other endpoints.

Thanks for considering this idea!
Benjamin