couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From david martin <david.mar...@lymegreen.co.uk>
Subject Re: [discuss] couchapp.org down, couchapp.org spammed
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 17:12:01 GMT
On 02/12/13 14:16, Noah Slater wrote:
> Thanks Benoit.
>
> If J Chris does not want to cede control of the domain, we might want
> to consider using ourGoogle juice  to get another website to the top
> of the search results.
>
> To everyone else in the thread: I know you guys are passionate about
> this stuff, but please try to relax a little.
What "stuff" are you passionate about  -- " an obsession with aesthetics"
Its anesthetic I think you might mean!

>   I didn't like the tone
> of a few of the emails in this thread.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
said Groucho Marx WITHOUT HAT

The concept of hats means that when a PMC member votes on project matters, they are casting
their vote as an individual acting in the best interests of that PMC, /and not as an employee
or representative of some third party/. There are also certain expectations of diversity within
a PMC; the board may apply extra scrutiny to PMCs with low diversity (i.e. PMCs that are dominated
by people with a common employer). Similarly, the ASF does not allow corporations to participate
directly in project management, only individuals.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Groucho Marx <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/groucho_marx.html>

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/grouchomar122546.html#xvuUweqBlsRgeX9s.99

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Groucho Marx <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/groucho_marx.html>

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/grouchomar122546.html#xvuUweqBlsRgeX9s.99
http://community.apache.org/projectIndependence.html

     ALL THOSE WITH VESTED INTERESTS PLEASE STEP FORWARD and REMOVE YOURSELVES IMMEDIEATLY

And no veiled references are required to "please Relax" and other rather condesending and
implicating Trade mark platitudes.

The board should immediatly  and no MAY!  "the board may apply extra scrutiny"
The board must immediatly apply extra scrutiny or be seen to be failing in its duty to protect
the Charitable gifts to the foundation from inappropriate manipulation by corporate placemen.

Groucho will tell the Pink Panther and all hell will break loose, so just relax and let it
happen.

--
David Martin