couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: [discuss] couchapp.org down, couchapp.org spammed
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 15:46:38 GMT
I'm not a neophyte, I have just a different opinion of yours. Republicans and democrats don't
share same opinions, and even inside a group you can find people with different opinions and
you have to respect them, always. This is called democracy.
I don't decide the goals myself, but I can express my thoughts, my vision. In my vision CouchDB
is a database, not an application server. Live with that.

-Filippo

> The reason for my diplomatic controlled aggression ( or rage as you termed it in a rather
cheeky way)
> on this "Elephant in the room" subject is because
> "those that refuse to learn the lessons of history are condemmed to repeat the mistakes
ad infinitum"
> The essence of responsible open source is to ensure that neophyte users and persons who
do not know any better
> are not trapped or even locked-in to endless fruitless toil pushing ordure up hills with
pointed sticks.
> Everyone is free to do as they wish in this world, unless what they do is promoting a
course of action which harms others.
> People Hate Perl (or PHP or Perl Hypertext Preprocessor) is hardly a platform for a blind
man to be standing upon to make claims of knowing what the Elephant is.