couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Fadda <filippo.fa...@programmazione.it>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] new underscore namespacing
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 19:34:26 GMT
In the ElephantOnCouch every subclass of the superclass Doc is persistent. Inside the class
Doc, there is an array called "meta" to store the document's metadata. Actually _id, _rev,
etc. are also metadata, but I like the idea to separate the document properties (_id, _rev,
_deleted, etc.) from the metadata stored by the application.
I agree with the ones have suggested to add "_meta" property containing all the metadata,
so we can avoid conflicts in case an application stores metadata prefixed with an underscore,
like for example _type or _class. ElephantOnCouch for example uses those metadata (without
the _ prefix actually) to store the document type and its complete class name, used to recreate
an instance of the stored object magically.
If a _meta property is introduced, is it possible, eventually to create an automatic procedure
to migrate from 1.x to 2.0?

-Filippo