couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Plugin Registry (Was Summary of IRC meeting in #couchdb-meeting)
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:30:36 GMT
On 14. November 2013 at 17:33:35, Brian Mitchell (brian@strmpnk.co) wrote:
> users can easily activate to test the system.
> >
> > I agree, src/couch_plugins/README.md has a quasi roadmap
> that I want to work
> > towards. The only edit for now would be that I’d like a registry
> that can be
> > update independently from CouchDB releases. Would you be interested
> in helping
> > out with that? Or anything else around plugins?
>
> I'm definitely interested to hear more. I'd love to help out with
> getting a common place for contributed couchdb things to be indexed
> and published. Plugins seem like an ideal testing ground. How
> do you
> imagine a plugin registry working?

I think npm would be the way to go in the future, maybe we need a bit of iteration before
we’re ready to go directly to using the public npm perhaps.

We will have a “trusted couchdb instance” available soon (before Christmas, this year)
in the ASF infrastructure which could trivially be set up to host these. I’ll ping dev@
as soon as its up, and there’s no reason why it couldn’t host a couch configured like
npm to start with. Or other stuff.

A+
Dave