couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Write a guest blog post for the CouchDB blog
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 18:38:28 GMT
I was asked privately to expand on on this a little.

There are three categories of content I'm thinking about. Early stage,
mid stage, and late stage content.

Early stage content establishes trust, and helps to drive traffic.
This might cover data, databases, related tools, products, or
libraries. Doesn't even have to be specifically about CouchDB. But it
should be relevant to "our tribe". This sort of stuff helps to capture
traffic from Google and introduce people to the CouchDB project.

Mid stage content talks about CouchDB, and why it's valuable. I'm
thinking about case studies, architecture diagrams, use cases, stuff
like CAP, BASE, offline first, data custodianship, etc. This sort of
content helps to explain to people who already know about CouchDB, why
CouchDB is a good fit for them, and how CouchDB has helped other
people.

Late stage content covers specific tutorials, howtos, and examples,
tips, tricks, and techniques for using CouchDB itself. The sort of
stuff that would be interesting to you once you've decided to download
CouchDB and start using it.

If there's anything in there that makes you think "ooh, I could write
something like that" then please, share your idea!

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater