couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Jörg Schmidt <schm...@netzmerk.com>
Subject Replicator written in Node.js
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 17:09:12 GMT
Dear devs,

First of all I would like to thank Alexander Shorin for his detailed
description of the replication algorithm, see [1][2].

The timing was outstanding: I was working on a JavaScript
implementation of the replication algorithm with the goal to better
understand how replication works.
I started off by following Jens Alfkes Replication Algorithm
description [3]. Now I have reworked the code based on Alexander
Shorins work with a strong focus on readability and testability:

https://github.com/jo/roy-replicator

Its not optimised yet and there are a plenty of unresolved issues [4].
But I would love to hear some feedback about what to avoid and which
issues I haven't thought of.

Greetings
Johannes

[1] http://kxepal.iriscouch.com/docs/dev/replication/protocol.html