couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: [discuss] couchapp.org down, couchapp.org spammed
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:34:07 GMT
On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> If we considers the couchapps concept as a part of the  couchdb project,
> then we should:
>
> - either start some action
>
> - or find a new name and new way to document the concept
>
> If some of you consider that we should just ditch the couchapps concept
> from the couchdb and make couchdb another database, then we should also
> clarify this situation and start a real discussion about it and at the end
> take a decision

IMO the CouchApps concept should not be a part of the CouchDB project,
even though it is obviously related to it. Having too wide a focus
means not having that much focus at all, and I think we should focus
on being the cool MVCC database w/ REST API that makes things like
CouchApps possible.

Cheers,

Dirkjan