couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] tag our commits
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 09:23:06 GMT
On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>wrote:

> My only objection to the `tag:` fomat is that this is not the way you tag
> an email generally. Since the first line of the commit is generally the
> subject of the message and the patch you get with format-patch, I think
> that using a common way to tag the subject may be better.
>
> I really don't think that's weird for those who are mainly using the mail
> to handle the git commits and some are.
>
> Maybe that worth to take it in consideration?

I just rad last changelog fron the linux kernel [1], and as you can see the
tags are <tag>: ... on the firstline, in lowercase or uppercase. So let's
go for that indeed.

Also I quite like their changelog. Much more precise than our changelog.
Maybe we could follow such idea.

- benoit

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/11/29/335