couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb pull request: Handle req.status == 201
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:31:48 GMT
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> It's the other way around. If the next release removes jquery.couch.js
> then it gets called 2.0.0. It doesn't imply we wait for "2.0". The
> version *only* conveys compatibility, that's the semver way.

I was about that there is no reason to bump major version just because
we decide to remove some javascript library that doesn't change the
behaviour of the main project. It will be a bit awkward to read
release notes for CouchDB 2.0 where nothing changed, but builtin
javascript client based on some thirdparty framework was removed.
Semver is semver, but it should be used wisely.