couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: couchdb pull request: Handle req.status == 201
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:39:35 GMT
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:
> On 27. November 2013 at 11:51:17, Garren Smith (garren@apache.org) wrote:
>>
>> Awesome, thanks Alexander.
>> On 27 November 2013 at 12:46:27 PM, Alexander Shorin (kxepal@gmail.com)
>> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Garren Smith
>> wrote:
>> > What are we going to do with patches for query.couch? It seems
>> everyone is happy to deprecate it. We just now need someone who
>> would be willing to maintain it outside of the git repo?
>>
>> If nobody minds and/or don't plan to handle it, let me pick it and
>> than I believe we'll found the man who'll be interested in his
>> active
>> support.
>> Any license clearance procedures should be done there or it's
>> enough
>> to just grab and push jquery.couch.js to the new repo?
>>
>> --
>> ,,,^..^,,,
>
> Yay, its ALv2 so you can just fork away :-).
>
> What do we break if this is pulled out, from a community perspective?

We'll break every couchapp that uses it in his UI. Later the same
fates awaits any other js lib, that ships with futon, but will not be
available in fauxton.

> I *think* from a semantic versioning perspective we are not using the library to provide
any API, so from CouchDB repo perspective, perhaps a note in the docs & then a jira to
remove after next release seems sensible to me.

We have a jira issue for that:
so the only thing left is the final resolution on his fate, like "Yes,
we deprecates it for 1.6 and removing it in 1.7 (or 1.8, or 2.0, or
some else)".

--