couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Eli Stevens (Gmail)" <wickedg...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB 1.5 package for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 20:23:16 GMT
Hello all,

My company is interested in getting a modern version of CouchDB packaged up
for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.  We don't have any in-house expertise, but we're able
the sponsor the work needed to make this happen.  I'm hoping that we can
find someone who can accomplish this and is available for contract work.

The basic outline of what we're looking for is:

- CouchDB 1.5 for 12.04
- Resulting work / package contributed back to the community
- Erlang version, etc. is flexible (we don't depend on it directly)
- Upgrades cleanly from 1.2.1 with existing DBs
- Able to iterate with us if it doesn't Just Work in our environment
(unlikely, but possible)

Ideally, the resulting work would enable packages to be easily produced
per-release (similar to Jan's OSX binary builds), but I'm not sure if we've
got the budget for a project of that scope.  We're fine with a one-off
package for now.

Is this something that's appropriate to discuss on this list?

Cheers,
Eli (wickedgrey on IRC)