couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: Suggested process for integrating l10n into the CouchDB source
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 21:23:22 GMT
as discussed in the IRC meeting earlier today, I checked the RTD github
repo to get an idea of the I18n status in RTD. So Alex pointed to
https://github.com/rtfd/readthedocs.org/issues/139 where the topic is
discussed. Unfortunately there is still no I18n integration but only a kind
of a workaround:

https://github.com/rtfd/readthedocs.org/blob/master/docs/faq.rst#how-do-i-support-multiple-languages-of-documentation

It would be a solution to have

http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest -> default English
http://docs.de.couchdb.org/en/latest -> German
http://docs.ru.couchdb.org/en/latest -> Russian

but to be honest, this looks broken and ugly ... . It was also discussed,
that it's not too hard to integrate I18n into RTD but I wonder why it did
not happen then?

Thoughts?

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

http://www.couchdb-buch.de
http://www.pg-praxisbuch.de

GPG fingerprint: 3B6D 07F8 8732 CD61 D078  EF7A 63BA 495D 0F15 F21F