couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: couchdb pull request: Handle req.status == 201
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 11:48:47 GMT
A major version bump (not to mention, a discussion) is needed if we're
to remove a long-standing component like jquery.couch.js. For my part,
I'm -1 on removing it having heard no good reason for doing so.

B.

On 27 November 2013 11:39, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:
>> On 27. November 2013 at 11:51:17, Garren Smith (garren@apache.org) wrote:
>>>
>>> Awesome, thanks Alexander.
>>> On 27 November 2013 at 12:46:27 PM, Alexander Shorin (kxepal@gmail.com)
>>> wrote:

>>> everyone is happy to deprecate it. We just now need someone who
>>> would be willing to maintain it outside of the git repo?
>>>
>>> If nobody minds and/or don't plan to handle it, let me pick it and
>>> than I believe we'll found the man who'll be interested in his
>>> active
>>> support.
>>> Any license clearance procedures should be done there or it's
>>> enough
>>> to just grab and push jquery.couch.js to the new repo?
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Yay, its ALv2 so you can just fork away :-).
>>
>> What do we break if this is pulled out, from a community perspective?
>
> We'll break every couchapp that uses it in his UI. Later the same
> fates awaits any other js lib, that ships with futon, but will not be
> available in fauxton.
>
>> I *think* from a semantic versioning perspective we are not using the library to
provide any API, so from CouchDB repo perspective, perhaps a note in the docs & then a
jira to remove after next release seems sensible to me.