couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Sholik <alcosho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Elixir Sandbox
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 08:22:59 GMT
Hi Dave,

I wanted to do a quick and dirty proof of concept, so I simply compiled
some Elixir code to .beam and placed that .beam alongside other couchdb's
beams. The .beam itself does not contain any calls to Elixir stdlib, so I
assumed it would work.

I've also tried using ERL_LIBS like this:

ERL_LIBS=/usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.3.1 couchdb -n -A .

didn't work. Although, running erl from the same directory works:

λ ERL_LIBS=/usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.3.1 erl
1> 'Elixir.CouchQuery':start_link().
{ok,<0.34.0>}

I thought CouchDB may be started in embedded mode, but failed to identify
that in the start script. My question is: why can't it find the newly added
.beam?

--
Best regards
Alexei Sholik