couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] couchapp.org down, couchapp.org spammed
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 16:40:00 GMT
FWIW the domain expires on Dec 13th in a couple weeks. If couchbase doesn't care about it,
maybe they won't renew it?

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
SRI International
t: @nsomnac

On Nov 30, 2013, at 8:18 AM, "Octavian Damiean" <odamiean@linux.com<mailto:odamiean@linux.com>>
wrote:

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Filippo Fadda <
filippo.fadda@programmazione.it<mailto:filippo.fadda@programmazione.it>> wrote:

Anyway, if you decide (I mean you all) that the couch apps are an integral
CouchDB part, I think they should be a topic of the CouchDB main site and
not live in a separate domain. Else, if you consider couch apps as an
external resource, like any other projects made on top of CouchDB, I don't
see any responsibility of yours.

I don't quite agree. That'sā€‹ā€‹ not the way we should handle things.

If we want to have a good reputation among our peers then it is important
to reach out to external projects and offer our assistance, especially if
that external project is a really visible one.

Cheers,
--
Octavian Damiean

GitHub: https://github.com/mainerror