couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From stevebest <...@git.apache.org>
Subject couchdb pull request: Fix the `proxy_authentication_handler` name
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:49:21 GMT
GitHub user stevebest opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/103

    Fix the `proxy_authentication_handler` name

    I'm sorry, but the docs say `authentication`, not `authentification`.[1] If you do what
the docs say, you simply break your Couch: it starts responding with HTTP 500 to every request
that is not authenticated by an earlier handler.

    According to the Urban Dictionary, "authentification" is "authentication process which
is not working".[1] You can't argue with the UD on that! :)

    Some people using this handler might actually use the wrong spelling in their configs,
so I left the original name as an alias.

    [1] http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/api/server/authn.html?highlight=authentication#proxy-authentication
    [2] http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=authentification

    $ git pull https://github.com/stevebest/couchdb patch-1

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/103.patch

----
commit 7f96d5d23c3a6e943da87b16960f2e0fbb72cbff