couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Th.Buhl@t-online.de" <Th.B...@t-online.de>
Subject Research questions about your database
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:26:44 GMT
Dear Sir or Madame,
your database

	CouchDB

	is listed on www.nosql-database.org.

	I am working on my master thesis

	„Market research about storing and analysing physical measurement
data

	using NoSQL databases.“

	In the course of my researches I would like to ask you a few
non-specific

	questions about your database. It would be very nice if you would
take the

	short time to answer as many questions as possible.

	Any answer is better than no answer!

	1. One popular definition of a “NoSQL Database” mentions the
following

	characteristics:

	schema-free

	yes/no

	support of easy replication

	yes/no

	simple API

	yes/no

	eventually consistent / BASE (not ACID)

	yes/no

	able to manage a huge amount of data

	yes/no

	Which of them applies to your product?

	2. What is the unique feature of your database?

	3. Of which type is your database from your point of view?

	Key Value

	yes/no

	document store

	yes/no

	(Wide) Colomn Stores

	yes/no

	Graph database

	yes/no

	Object Database

	yes/no

	XML Database

	yes/no

	Grid Database

	yes/no

	other:

	4. Is it possible to store and analyse data like

	Customer information

	yes/no

	. gpx

	yes/no

	.xml

	yes/no

	5. Is it possible to have a client for your database

	running on Android or any other mobile OS?

	yes/no

	6. In case your database supports a graph data model,

	is it possible to store attribute for nodes and edges?

	yes/no

	do you offer a traversal API?

	yes/no

	7. Can you indicate some reference customers using your database
within the

	context of physical measurement data?

	If you have any printed documents please send it to

	Thomas Buhl

	Sonnenstrasse 59

	97456 Dittelbrunn

	Germany